COOKING CLASSES WITH CYCLING
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, in the morning
Discover magnificent views of rice fields and Balinese villages
Do what locals do!
Visit the Mengwi’s traditional market
Cooking techniques and traditional recipes with a renown Chef
In the Tabanan Regency guests meet local food expert Will Meyrick or one of the head chefs from his outstanding restaurants.
Guests will cycle through the Regency’s rice terraces and rivers, seeing where the fresh water flows through the “subak” system to water the paddy fields, before experiencing picturesque villages framed by mountains with quiet roads and traditional houses.
Upon arrival at the market (morning class only), guests will enjoy an authentic Balinese breakfast before continuing on to the cooking class site at Canggu.
The cooking class is based on 5 different Balinese recipes
- Karangasem Fish Curry
- Chicken Satay Lilit
- Vegetable Lawar Kalasan
- Sambal Matah
- Sambal Kecap
If you need a pickup/drop off from your Hotel/Villa, additional fee on pickup may apply (cash payment on pickup):
– 1 to 4 people : IDR 200.000
– 4 to 8 people : IDR 400.000
Outside Seminyak Area
– 1 to 4 people : IDR 300.000
– 4 to 8 people : IDR 600.000 .
- Professional English speaking cycling guide who explains in-depth about Balinese culture
- Bicycle and raincoat (during rainy season)
- Traditional breakfast at Mengwi Traditional Morning Market
- Mineral water during the program
- Tutoring from one of the chefs from Hujan Locale, the iconic Southern Asian restaurant in Ubud.
- Cooking class material, recipe notes and ingredients
- Gastronomic lunch / dinner
- Free flow water during the class
- Pickup service at an additional cost
- Personal expenses during the trip
- Alcohol consumed during the class and lunch